The 2023-2024 Parent & Family Association Scholarship application cycle is closed. Check back in February 2024 for information about the next annual scholarship cycle!
Completed packets should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of a UNM 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Undergraduates: Must be enrolled full time 12 credit hours or more, a sophomore, junior, or senior during award year with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation
- Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Masters or Doctoral student with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation. To be eligible you must have completed one year of graduate school at UNM.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated community service, awards, and/or recognition
- Successful applicants must volunteer at a Parent & Family Association event within the academic year
Required Documents for Scholarship Packet
- Parent & Family Association Scholarship Application Form
- An essay describing your financial need along with your community or academic involvement. In at least 250 words, describe your involvement with a student project/community service/student organization you are passionate about and how it enriches your UNM college experience.
- Experience resume: list of extracurricular activities, community service/involvement, student organizations, experience, skills, awards, etc.
- UNM Financial Aid Award Package for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Two scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded, one to an undergraduate and another to a graduate student. This equates to $500 for the Fall 2023 semester and $500 for the Spring 2024 semester. Funds must be used within the 2023-2024 academic year. So, if applicants do not take courses during one of the semesters, they will only receive the award for the semester they're enrolled in.
- There is a two-time limit for applicant awards. Therefore, those who have already won the UNM Parent & Family Association Scholarship twice before, will not be eligible.