Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Scholarship coming in Spring 2021
Over the years, this scholarship program has helped over 80 students, funding over $80,000.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the criteria listed below and complete the 2020-2021 application form.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of a UNM 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Undergraduates: Must be enrolled full time 12 credit hours or more, a sophomore, junior, or senior during award year with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation
- Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Masters or Doctoral student with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation. Continuing graduate students and new graduate students who are continuing on from their UNM undergraduate degree the previous semester are eligible.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated community service, awards, and/or recognition
- Successful Applicants must volunteer at a Parent & Family Association event within the academic year
Required Documents for Scholarship Packet
- Parent & Family Association Scholarship Application Form
- An essay describing your financial need along with your community or academic involvement. In at least 250 words, describe your involvement with a student project/community service/student organization you are passionate about and how it enriches your UNM college experience.
- Experience resume: list of extracurricular activities, community service/involvement, student organizations, experience, skills, awards, etc.
- UNM Financial Aid Award Package for the 2019-2020 academic year
Support the Scholarship Fund
As part of its commitment to helping support student success, the UNM Parent & Family Association provides scholarship funding for many deserving students. Through the generous support of UNM parents, the Parent & Family Association has established a fund to make multiple awards each academic year. In addition to directly supporting the Parent & Family Association Scholarship Fund HERE, our partnership with the UNM Bookstore allows proceeds from the sales of the Holiday ornament to benefit the Parent & Family Association, Scholarship Fund. To shop all the commemorative keepsake ornaments, visit the UNM Bookstore website.
If you'd like to attend a board meeting, please reach out to us! We'd love to meet and help you help support your student.
Phone: (505) 277-0790